Welcome to the Ministry of Information.

Friday, December 15, 2006

inadvertent compliment

Last night a colleague and I assembled an entire karaoke army in lower Manhattan. The mission: to take over Avenue A and bring freedom to the huddled masses yearning to breathe free and fabulous. Unlike other recent ventures on the world stage, we had a plan for the peace: to squeeze as many people into a karaoke studio as could humanly fit and use the native musical traditions to sow community and comity among them. What can I say about the results other than, Mission Accomplished.

On a personal note, the evening was quite a triumph as well. Early in the evening I launched into my signature rendition of I Try by Macy Gray. A new recruit to our army looked at me and said, 'Oh no, he's lip-synching.' Yes, Reader, the night was fabulous indeed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home